Fat dissolving treatments are completed in order to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.” Treatment can also be conducted in other areas such as abdomen, thighs, arms and back.
All treatment outcomes are discussed in detail during your consultation. If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to your provider.
1. All risks are discussed during your consultation. With that being said, the most common anticipated reactions can include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and hardness, in the treatment area. This can persist for days/weeks following the treatment.
2. To avoid severe bruising: Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of 6 hours and refrain from taking blood thinners such as Aspirin for several days. (unless directed by your Health Care Provider). Over the counter pain medication, such as Tylenol can be taken for any discomfort and applying ice to the treatment area can help as well.
3. To maximize your results and prevent adverse effects: avoid exercise for at least 24 hours, avoid rubbing, massaging, or scrubbing injection sites the day of treatment.
4. No facials, chemical peels, or laser treatments for 14 days after treatment. Facials, chemical peels, laser and injectable treatments may only be done immediately prior to fat dissolving. if you have any questions regarding this, please ask your provider.
5. Follow up Appointment: A minimum of 2 treatments, however up to 6 treatments may be required for optimal results. The second treatment and future subsequent treatments are recommended to be done every 5-6 weeks. If the desired level of correction has not occurred after the second treatment, additional treatments may be required.
If you have any questions, prospective adverse reactions, or concerns regarding your fat dissolving treatment, please contact your provider immediately.
Copyright © 2022 platinumcosmetics - All Rights Reserved.
Please review our booking policies prior to scheduling your appointment.
Our 2023 schedule will open early January.
For general inquiries, please contact us via. social media or email. Visit our 'Contact Us' page for more information.