It is important to prep your skin prior to a chemical peel. We offer superficial introductory peels that provide excellent results and can be done prior to a medium depth peel. We will recommend an at home regimen to help prepare your skin for these professional treatments and that will maintain your results. Did you know 80% of your skin care results come from your home care routine?
Your at home routine should consist of a minimum of one of each of Glymed's 4 step system: cleanse, treat, balance & protect.
Please contact us so we can discuss your skin care concerns and recommend the products best suited for you and your skin needs!
Following chemical peel treatments, it is important that post-peel guidelines are followed to promote healing and prevent any complications.
The following are recommended on post-peel care:
FOR ALL DEPTHS OF CHEMICAL PEELS:
1. Avoid all sun exposure or minimize exposure as much as possible.
2. Avoid exercise or sweating for a minimum of 24-72 hours.
3. Avoid applying make up for 24-72 hours and wash make up brushes prior to next use.
4. Always wash hands before completing your routine.
5. Avoid touching the skin.
6. Avoid active ingredients for 3-5 days post-treatment or, for more advanced peels, until peeling has completed (inquire with your treatment provider if you are unsure).
FOR MEDIUM DEPTH CHEMICAL PEELS (in addition to the instructions listed above):
1. Avoid hot water spraying directly on the face in the shower.
2. Do not pick, rub or touch the face unnecessarily (picking can result in scarring).
3. Use brow scissors to cut away peeling skin (ensure scissors are clean and you are only removal the skin peeling away from the surface of the skin).
4. Minimize facial expressions during the peeling phase.
5. Ensure skin is kept well moisturized using hydration and sealants/barriers.
6. Avoid make up until peeling has completed.
7. It is common for the skin to darken 3-4 days after treatment until peeling has completed.
A home care regimen is extremely important to maintain your results and care for your skin post chemical peel. Please talk to your provider for recommendations on home care products based on your concerns and your skin needs!
Copyright © 2023 platinumcosmetics - All Rights Reserved.